Welcome to this website, a service of the green o (“the green o,” “we” or “us”). Please read these Terms of Service (these “Terms”) before you use this website. By using this website, you agree to these Terms.
These Terms apply to the websites to which these Terms are posted.
Note: These Terms contain a binding arbitration provision that affects your rights under these Terms and are located below, under the heading “Binding Arbitration.” YOU MAY ELECT TO OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THE BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION BELOW.
Content Appearing on This Website
You may access content and information on this website, such as text, video, audio, multimedia and photographs (the “Content”). This Content may be owned by the green o, by other companies that give the green o the right to distribute their Content or by other users of this website. the green o grants you a limited, nonexclusive and nonassignable license to view the Content and to use this website for personal, noncommercial purposes as set forth in these Terms. Except for the limited licenses expressly granted to you in these Terms, the green o and its licensors expressly reserve all other rights and licenses.
This website is for informational purposes only, and we make no representations with respect to any Content. This website may not be updated regularly, so some information may not be current. We may post follow-up information to original Content, such as blog posts and news stories and may provide access to original Content in an archive. However, we may not go back and change original Content to reflect new developments. Therefore, before you act on any information you find on this website, you should independently confirm any facts important to your decision.
User-Submitted Content, Feedback and Suggestions
It is the green o’s practice not to receive or consider any user-submitted content, feedback, suggestions, ideas or other submissions. the green o does not promise to keep your suggestions or ideas confidential, nor does the green o promise to use your suggestion or idea, and the green o will not compensate you if it does use your suggestion or idea.
Links to Third-Party Sites
This website may include links to third-party sites not controlled, owned or operated by the green o. the green o is not responsible for the content of any non-the green o sites that you may navigate to through links that appear on this website. the green o also does not guarantee the performance of any products and services provided by the owners or operators of sites that link to this website. A link to another website does not constitute the green o’s endorsement of that site, nor of any product, service or other material offered on that site.
You may establish hypertext links to this site so long as the links do not state or imply any affiliation, connection, sponsorship or approval of you, your enterprise or your site by the green o. We do not permit framing or inline linking to our website or any portion of it.
Ordering Products and Services
You may be able to order certain the green o products and services through this website. All orders you make through this website are subject to the availability, terms and other conditions that apply to the particular products and services at the time you place your order. All products and services, their contents, availability and pricing are subject to change at any time with or without notice. Please fully read the terms and disclaimers accompanying any products or services that you order through this website.
We do not want anyone to be confused as to which materials and services are provided by the green o and which are not. the green o trademarks displayed on this website are registered trademarks and/or service marks of the green o. Other trademarks appearing on this website or other the green o sites linked to from this website are the property of the green o or their respective owners.
the green o reserves the right at any time to terminate your use of this website if you fail to comply with these Terms or any other terms, agreements or policies that apply to this website. the green o also reserves the right to discontinue this website at any time for any reason.
Exclusion of Warranties
BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF POSSIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND THE UNCERTAINTIES OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH THIS INFORMATION. IF YOU RELY ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE THROUGH IT, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” the green o AND ITS AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. the green o AND ITS AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUOUSLY BE AVAILABLE OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
- FOR PURPOSES OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISION, “the green o” REFERS TO NOT ONLY the green o, BUT ALSO ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS.
- YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO ASSERT A CLAIM AGAINST the green o MORE THAN TWELVE (12) MONTHS AFTER THE FIRST EVENT OR FACT THAT GIVES RISE TO THE CLAIM.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL the green o BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OR RESULTING FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN OR DISRUPTION TO THIS WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL the green o BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES), REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER the green o WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL the green o’s AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE WEBSITE EXCEED THE LESSER OF: $100 OR THE AGGREGATE AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO the green o PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT THAT GAVE RISE TO THE CLAIM.
- THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THESE TERMS. BECAUSE THE LAW REGARDING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY VARIES BY STATE, THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the green o (including its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third-party information providers) against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including reasonable attorney fees) resulting from any breach of these Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the green o will not seek indemnification from you for any losses, expenses, claims, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from its own conduct. the green o reserves the right, at its election, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you and you agree to cooperate with the green o in connection with our defense.
- Purpose. For users of this website, any Dispute (as defined below in these Terms) involving you and the green o shall be resolved through individual arbitration. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and there is less discovery and appellate review than in court. This Binding Arbitration provision shall be broadly interpreted.
- Definitions. The term “Dispute” means any and all claims or controversies related to this website, including but not limited to any and all: (1) claims for relief and theories of liability, whether based in contract, tort, fraud, negligence, statute, regulation, ordinance or otherwise; (2) claims that arose before these Terms or any prior agreement; (3) claims that arise after the expiration or termination of these Terms and (4) claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class. As used in this Binding Arbitration provision, “the green o” means the green o and any of its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, and “you” means you and any users or beneficiaries of your access to this website.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, DISPUTES RELATING TO THE SCOPE, VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF THIS BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION WILL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION.
- Right to Sue in Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding anything in this Binding Arbitration provision to the contrary, either you or the green o may elect to bring an individual action in small claims court if the claim is not aggregated with the claim of any other person and if the amount in controversy is properly within the jurisdiction of the small claims court.
- Right to Opt Out. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES, YOU MAY DECLINE TO HAVE YOUR DISPUTES WITH the green o ARBITRATED BY NOTIFYING the green o IN WRITING WITHIN 30 DAYS OF YOUR FIRST ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, BY MAIL TO 40060 THE GREEN O ROAD, GREENOUGH, MONTANA 59823, UNITED STATES ATTN: WEBMASTER. YOUR WRITTEN NOTIFICATION TO the green o MUST INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND ACCOUNT NUMBER (IF YOU ARE A the green o SUBSCRIBER) OR TELEPHONE NUMBER (IF YOU ARE NOT A the green o SUBSCRIBER) AS WELL AS A CLEAR STATEMENT THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH the green o THROUGH ARBITRATION. YOUR DECISION TO OPT OUT OF THIS BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION WILL HAVE NO ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH the green o OR YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY the green o. ANY OPT-OUTS SUBMITTED AFTER THIS PERIOD WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED EFFECTIVE. IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY OPTED OUT OF ARBITRATION WITH the green o, YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO SO AGAIN.
- Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. The party initiating the arbitration proceeding may open a case with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) by visiting its website (www.adr.org) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-778-7879). You may deliver any required or desired notice to the green o by mail to:
4069 Backcountry Road, Greenough, Montana 59823, United States Attn: Webmaster.
- Arbitration Procedures. This Binding Arbitration provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Arbitrations shall be administered by AAA pursuant to its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) as modified by the version of this Binding Arbitration provision that is in effect when you notify the green o about your Dispute. You can obtain the AAA Rules from the AAA by visiting its website (www.adr.org) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-778-7879). If there is a conflict between this Binding Arbitration provision and the rest of these Terms, this Binding Arbitration provision shall govern. If there is a conflict between this Binding Arbitration provision and the AAA rules, this Binding Arbitration provision shall govern. If the AAA will not administer a proceeding under this Binding Arbitration provision as written, the parties shall agree on a substitute arbitration organization. If the parties cannot agree, the parties shall mutually petition a court of appropriate jurisdiction to appoint an arbitration organization that will administer a proceeding under this Binding Arbitration provision as written applying the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules. A single arbitrator will resolve the Dispute. Unless you and the green o agree otherwise, any arbitration hearing will take place at a location convenient to you in the area where you use this website; or, if you reside in a location outside of the area where you use this website, then the arbitration hearing will take place at a location convenient to you in the county where you reside. The arbitrator will honor claims of privilege recognized by law and will take reasonable steps to protect customer account information and other confidential or proprietary information. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision that explains the arbitrator’s essential findings and conclusions. The arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties only if necessary for purposes of enforcing the arbitrator’s award. An arbitrator’s award that has been fully satisfied shall not be entered in any court.
- Waiver of Class Actions and Collective Relief. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON A CLASS ACTION, JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC (SUCH AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL), OTHER SUBSCRIBERS, OR OTHER PERSONS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT INDIVIDUAL PARTY’S CLAIM. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING. THIS WAIVER OF CLASS ACTIONS AND COLLECTIVE RELIEF IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CANNOT BE SEVERED FROM IT. THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THIS BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION ARE NOT ESSENTIAL PARTS OF THIS BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CAN BE SEVERED FROM IT BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION.
- Arbitration Fees and Costs. If your claim seeks more than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the AAA’s fees and costs will be governed by the AAA rules. If your claims seek less than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the AAA’s fees and costs will be the green o’s responsibility. However, if the arbitrator finds that your Dispute was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), the payment of the AAA’s fees and costs shall be governed by the AAA Rules and you shall reimburse the green o for all fees and costs that were your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. You may hire an attorney to represent you in arbitration. You are responsible for your attorneys’ fees and additional costs and may only recover your attorneys’ fees and costs in the arbitration to the extent that you could in court if the arbitration is decided in your favor. Notwithstanding anything in this Binding Arbitration provision to the contrary, the green o will pay all fees and costs that it is required by law to pay.
- Continuation. This Binding Arbitration provision will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms.
Waiver of Jury Trial
WHETHER IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION, YOU AND WE AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
To obtain access to certain services on our website, you may be required to register. As part of any such registration process, you may be required to select a username and a password. You agree that the information you supply during that registration process will be accurate and complete and that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the service under the name of, another person. the green o reserves the right to reject or terminate any username that, in its judgment, it deems offensive. You will be responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and will notify us of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account.
The Terms constitute the entire legal agreement between you and the green o and govern your use of this website and completely replace any prior agreements between you and the green o in relation to this website.
Upon termination of these Terms for any reason, the green o and its suppliers reserve the right to delete all your data, files, electronic messages or other information that is stored on the green o’s or its suppliers’ servers or systems. the green o shall have no responsibility whatsoever for the loss of any such data.
You agree that the green o may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail or postings on this website.
You agree that if the green o does not exercise or enforce any contractual or legal right or remedy to which it is entitled, that this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of the green o’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to the green o.
You acknowledge and agree that each member of the group of companies of which the green o is the parent shall be third-party beneficiaries to the Terms and that these other companies shall be entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of the Terms that confers a benefit on (or rights in favor of) them. Other than this, no other person or entity shall be third-party beneficiaries to the Terms.
The Terms, and your relationship with the green o under the Terms, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Montana, without regard to its conflict of laws’ provisions. By using this website, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in Montana in all disputes arising out of or relating to the Terms or this website that are not subject to the Binding Arbitration provision above.
At certain places on this website there may be additional or other terms and policies that apply to your use of this website and the services on it. By using the website or those services, you agree to abide by those terms and policies. We may change those terms and policies from time to time. By continuing to use the website after we post any changes, you accept and agree to those terms and policies, as modified.
By using this website, you agree to abide by these Terms. We may change these Terms from time to time. By continuing to use the website after we post any changes, you accept and agree to these Terms as modified.
Effective Date: 4/28/19.